The "VPH" series are our most popular models. This is our biggest "VPH" model, for those with harder to start cars (most 8-cylinder cars and up), or those who want more Amp-Hour (AH) capacity. The VPH900 has more power and capacity than the VPH750.
This is the current state of the art in lithium battery technology. It is 3 to 5 times lighter than a comparable lead-acid battery of similar specs, and lasts 5 to 10+ years with proper use. Up to 5 times the life of a lead-acid battery; racing teams are replacing their Voltphreaks battery every 3-5 years instead of every year with their lead-acid battery.
These batteries are a drop-in replacement for your lead-acid battery (with one possible exception), and are compatible with lead-acid chargers and cars alternators. Install and treat your Voltphreaks battery like a standard car battery. Lithium batteries require management during charging and discharging and have different requirements compared to a lead-acid battery, but this is all handled behind the scenes by circuitry inside the battery. This circuitry masks the fact that it's a lithium battery from the car, allowing the battery to be used and treated as if it were a regular lead-acid battery.
- Weight, much lighter than a comparable lead-acid battery.
- Can be mounted in any orientation.
- Can be "deep cycled", meaning fully discharged without damage to the battery, while being protected from over-discharged (for example, to 3 volts, etc). Because over-discharge can cause damage, has LVC (see below).
- Has an LVC (low voltage cutoff) to prevent overdischarge. This turns off the battery when it's discharged (11.5V LVC option). A 12.5V LVC option is also available and turns off the battery when it's almost discharged but leaves enough to still start your engine, meaming never having to jump-start your car again (for example, by accidentally leaving headlights on).
- Has full fault protection circuitry to protect your battery, preventing damage from overcharge and other faults.
- Maintains higher voltage and charges more efficiently, less load on the alternator and more efficienct than a lead-acid.
- Circuitry allows charging/discharging at high rates, compatible with car alternators (we are aware of only one possible incompatibility).
- Remote on/off capable with optional harness, allowing battery to be turned off and turned on remotely (can be used in lieu of a battery disconnect switch if allowed).
- True physical disconnect of battery via relay switch when battery is off. This allows battery to be used in parallel, multi-battery applications, and allows use of the remote pushbutton harness in lieu of an emergency disconnect.
- Circuitry designed in-house, and tested, proven, and continuously improved for over 4 years (many competitors outsource the circuit, or even leave out the management circuitry completely).
- Designed and manufactured in the USA. This gives complete control over design and manufacturing.
Voltphreaks batteries are designed for those who want to save weight. Designed and built in the USA, these are one of the safest and lightest lithium racing batteries on the market. Due to strict regulations for road-use products and similar to all aftermarket racing products, they are rated for track use only. Batteries are not waterproof and should not be drenched or submerged, but light splashes encountered in normal battery mounting locations are ok.
Instructions and warranty
Datasheet for VPH series
- Nominal Voltage : 12.8 volts
- Cranking Amps: 1070 amps
- Cold Cranking Amps: 490 amps
- Reserve Capacity: Minutes
- Dimensions: 10x6x3
- Weight: 7.25lbs
Note: These batteries are made to order and the vendor requires 5 days for production prior to shipping.